Sometimes I’m just not feeling it. I loose motivation to do anything, see anyone, and start to wonder what I’m doing with my life. There’s nothing wrong with feeling like this, as it’s not possible for life to always be rosy.
Last year I made a list of things to do when I start feeling like this, and I thought I’d share it with you.
Here’s my list:
- Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for ages, or continue with the one you’re currently reading
- Go outside and get some fresh air. Take your favourite drink, something sweet, and something to read
- Bake or cook something. If you need some ideas click here
- Do some form of exercise that you enjoy. Sometimes I work out my problems just by having some time to myself to go through them in my head
- Something that I need to do more often is eat healthier. When I eat healthy foods I feel so much better
- Go out for coffee and cake and some newspaper reading
- Clean out the fridge and cupboard. I just did this. It occupied me for a couple of hours and focused my thoughts on the task at hand. I also made a list of everything I have so I can start to use them in future meals
- Remember that you’re just having a bad day, your entire life isn’t bad
- Have a bath
- Go for a drive somewhere you haven’t been before, or revisit one of your favourite places. I’ve been itching to go to the hot springs for ages, so I’m going to book this in over the next couple of weeks
- Go to the movies
- Get out in the garden and plant something
- Plan your next trip
- Look at doing a short course. I’ve booked myself into a two day Photoshop course in March mainly for job application purposes, but I’m actually quite excited to get my brain into something new.