This Chewy Chunky Chocolate Slice is a combination of many recipes that I’ve experimented with over time. Whenever I’ve baked them and taken them to people’s houses, they’ve always been a hit.
So, if you’re ready to get your chocolate on, then here’s a recipe for you!
If you’d like to view other recipes I have in mind, or have already baked for this series please visit my Baking Recipes Pinterest page.
- 150gm chopped unsalted butter
- 200gm chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 395gm sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Mars bar & snickers (or any chocolate bar you like, as long as one has caramel)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or icing sugar
Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line the base and two long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm over the edges of the pan.
Combine the butter and chopped chocolate in a pan. Stir over low heat until completely melted.
Place the flour, sugar, condensed milk, coconut, and chocolate mixture in a bowl. Mix well.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Slice the mars bar and snickers and arrange them over the top. Press them completely into the slice mixture.
Cook at 180°C for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not overcook. Cool the slice in the pan before removing.
Cut into small squares and dust with sifted cocoa or icing sugar.
There you have it, a simple to make, super tasty slice that will impress anyone who eats it.